Sunday 4 March 2012

DREAM LIBRARY


So I was in heaven today. Heaven being the art/design section of a book store. BUT. This particular book store actually had it's very own (however small) sub-section dedicated solely to paper folding/art. Yes, you can now imagine me falling to the ground in the aisle, tears of joy rolling down my cheek which soon turned to tears of sorrow since I couldn't really afford a single one. So here I have made a wish list of paper-related (and others) books that I will one day get my hands on... 

1. Paper Engineering: 3D Design Techniques for a 2D Material, Natalie Avella - Explores creative ways that folding techniques are applied in graphic design through case studies.

2. Perfect Paper, Adeline Loh - A collection of projects that use paper as the main medium, going beyond it's conventional use. From intricate 2-dimensional paper cuts and 3-dimensional paper sculptures, to paper use in installations and fashion... Yuuuummm.

3. Outside the Box: Cardboard Design Now, Michael Czerwinski & Santiago Perez - The name speaks for itself. Works that show the practicality and possible environmental benefits of using cardboard in design.

4. Cardboard Book, Naralle Yabuka - Okay, probably the same thing as the above cardboard-applications-in-art-and-design book, but still it looks super. Super duper, even.

5. Paper Cutting: Contemporary Artists, Timeless Craft, Laura Heyenga - Profiles 26 contemporary artists who focus their work on the intricate art of paper cutting and re-inventing it each in their own ways.

6. Making It: Manufacturing Processes for Product Design, Chris Lefteri - Documents over 100 manufacturing processes through their pros and cons, suitable production volumes, costs involved, speed of production, relevant materials, typical application and sustainability/effects on environment. Basically looks like my Mass Production class minus the droning prof that put me to sleep 60 seconds in, AKA awesomely cool! Sure, this one's not a paper one, but I'm adding it to the list anyways.


Okay, I think I'm done for now. I might just have to order one to quench my thirst for paper knowledge! Huzzaaahhh!






No comments:

Post a Comment