Sunday 26 February 2012

CUBE + OCTAHEDRON


Here's a bright pink compound of a cube and an octahedron. This lovely modular ball was thought up by someone I greatly admire, Francesco Mancini, who's Flickr I've been following for ages just waiting for him to post some diagrams of his designs. I hope that I can learn through these little projects you see on this blog of others' designs so that one day I am able to come up with my own designs too. I've tried and it's hard, more practice needed... Some day...!





What I really liked about this model (despite my sloppy folding) is that from every angle there's a different pattern happening. Because of the relationship between the low-tipped-triangle-based pyramids and the high-tipped-square-based pyramids, we get very interesting and beautiful views, which I tried to diagram below.


No comments:

Post a Comment